If people can only know one aspect of a personality that's tough to judge even in real life then I'll appreciate the attempt to connect.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Things To Check Off My To-Do-In-This-Lifetime List

Celebrated a friend's 30th birthday at a Korean BBQ restaurant that left me more breathless than 100% stuff.

The feast was splendid and never-ending, and I got to do something I never thought I'd do:

Eat a fish whole. Just popped a little guppy in my mouth, with its brains, scales, spine, fins, etc. all intact like it was a french fry. I'm totally part Bear now. They were actually fish fries seeing as they weren't raw, so maybe that makes me part Metro-Bear instead of full-on Grizzly.

Tonight, as a planned work event, I can cross off another "experiment with another cuisine" moment when I eat a proper Chinese New Year's Feast complete with either of the following (according to my choosing): Thin-Sliced Penguin or Sweet-and-Sour Panda.

Hmmmm...Seeing as I adore both of these black-and-white all over creatures, I don't know if I really WANT to check those off the list. After all, the Panda is near and dear to me because it relates to the very first gift I've ever received in my life, a black-and-white stuffed panda bear I named "Checkers" (probably when I first learned how to speak, ya think?) and the Penguin is so damn posh, how could I ever think to eat one? It'd be like eating Sir Alec Guinness or Cary Grant. Being a proper *Bawdy* lady, I should probably finish that thought with a misplaced dirty joke. But, I won't.

I can be a lady, sometimes. Even when it comes to side-stepping double entendres regarding dead British actors. How very.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home